Life is Joy and Frustration

Saturday, July 02, 2005

Life and music

Lately I've been corresponding by email with a friend about how annoying some people can be. It seems to be a constant of life that quite some people try to get what they want, even if it's at other peoples expense. Sometimes they just do it for fun.

Strangely, it reminded me of a Pet Shop Boys' song called I'm Not Scared, that has those beautiful lyrics:

Tonight the streets are full of actors
I don’t know why
Oh, take these dogs away from me
Before they, they bite

Aah, a universal truth about life, poured in such beautiful wording, that's what I really love. Not something you expect in a song by the Pet Shop Boys, but they actually have great lyrics from time to time. You can find the whole text here and a slightly different version they made for Eighth Wonder here (sung by the lovely Patsy Kensit, actually a more beautiful song).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home